This uninterrupted, fully narrated tour tells you all about Georgia’s first city in an open-air trolley. After the 90 minute tour, use our FREE shuttle service for unlimited drop-offs and pick-ups at our convenient trolley stops for 2 days!
Wormsloe Plantation & Bonaventure Cemetery
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 3 to 12
Tour of Historic Wormsloe Plantation & Bonaventure Cemetery before stopping at the famous Byrd Cookie Company!
Your day begins with a tour of Bonaventure Cemetery to learn about the lives of notable inhabitants like Academy Award-winning songwriter Johnny Mercer, Georgia’s first governor Edward Telfair, philanthropist Mary Telfair, as well as the tragic tales of poet Conrad Aiken and Gracie Watson. The Cemetery walking tour meanders under moss draped oaks and along the bluff of the Wilmington River. Bonaventure Cemetery, dating back to 1846, is one of the most beautiful cemeteries.
Following the cemetery tour, you will have lunch on your own at one of our favorite local restaurants.
Your visit to Wormsloe includes a breathtaking drive down the famous live oak tree lined drive. You will take a short walk to see the Plantation Tabby Ruins that date to the 18th Century and visit the museum of the Georgia State Park Historic Site. Finally, a stop is scheduled at the Famous Savannah Byrd Cookie Company headquarters for shopping and tastings of Byrd’s Famous Cookies. Key Lime, Bennie Bits and Cheddar Cheese are just of few of the favorites.
- Tour of Byrd Cookie company
- Tour of Bonaventure Cemetery
- Lunch at Eric Davis Lowcountry Restaurant on your own
- Visit to Wormsloe Plantation
- Mini-Bus Transfers to and from Savannah’s Historic District for the Wormsloe Historic Site & Bonaventure Cemetery
- Admission into the Georgia State Park Wormsloe Historic Site and Bonaventure Cemetery
- Cost of Lunch.
- Gratuities for guides and driver.
- Parking fees at Savannah Visitors Center *(FREE 1st hour & $2.00 each hour following)
- Part of this tour includes a walking tour
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Departs from both the Gray Line office at 223 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd