Gray Line’s Discover Savannah tour features trolley transportation, allowing you to see the sites as you wish.
- Adult Ages 13+
- Child Ages 3 to 12
Tour of Historic Wormsloe Plantation & Bonaventure Cemetery before stopping at the famous Byrd Cookie Company!
Your day begins with a tour of Bonaventure Cemetery to learn about the lives of notable inhabitants like Academy Award-winning songwriter Johnny Mercer, Georgia’s first governor Edward Telfair, philanthropist Mary Telfair, as well as the tragic tales of poet Conrad Aiken and Gracie Watson. The Cemetery walking tour meanders under moss draped oaks and along the bluff of the Wilmington River. Bonaventure Cemetery, dating back to 1846, is one of the most beautiful cemeteries.
Following the cemetery tour, you will have lunch on your own at Erica Davis Lowcountry restaurant, a local favorite whose owner and family have deep ties in Savannah. Their focus on Coastal Southern Cuisine brings together fresh seafood, barbecue, and southern sides in a menu that embodies the Lowcountry. After lunch, the day continues to Wormsloe Historic site and a drive through the picturesque Isle of Hope Historic District.
Your visit to Wormsloe includes a breathtaking drive down the famous live oak tree lined drive. You will take a short walk to see the Plantation Tabby Ruins that date to the 18th Century and visit the museum of the Georgia State Park Historic Site. After Wormsloe, we will drive down Bluff Dr to view the Intercoastal waterway and the magnificent houses that range in style from Greek Revival to Craftsman Bungalows. After this drive along the bluff, the thought of looking for a Realtor will come to mind. Finally, a stop is scheduled at the Famous Savannah Byrd Cookie Company headquarters for shopping and tastings of Byrd’s Famous Cookies. Key Lime, Bennie Bits and Cheddar Cheese are just of few of the favorites.
-Tour of Byrd Cookie company
-Tour of Bonaventure Cemetery
-Lunch at Eric Davis Lowcountry Restaurant on your own
-Visit to Wormsloe Plantation
- Mini-Bus Transfers to and from Savannah’s Visitors Center for the Wormsloe plantation & Bonaventure Cemetery
- Admission into the Georgia State Park Wormsloe Plantation.
- Cost of Lunch.
- Gratuities for guides and driver.
- Parking fees at Savannah Visitors Center *(FREE 1st hour & $2.00 each hour following)
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Departs from both the Savannah Visitors Center at 301 Martin Luther King Blvd.